Moms with more than on child

My three month old is eating 7-12 ounces every fourish hours (during the day-she sleeps through the night). It seems like she is wanting more and more... I know doctors recommend trying stage on foods at about 6 months. But what would you recommend of something like this? Also in her bottles the doctor told us to add 2 TBS of cereal before of her bad acid reflux. When did/would you start some stage one foods? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Personally I owuld not start until around 6months atleast. All of mine were between 6-8mo before they were eating it on a daily basis!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:48 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I started my son on stage one foods at about 4 mths
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 7:48 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Stage one foods are not to be offered until at least four months old and preferably later on. Their tiny tummies aren't ready for it yet.
    Anonymous

• gradually doc right about some cereal in a bottle start 1 food for an etireweeks and gradually you'll see what she likes or might be allergic to
    but keep feedin her :)
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:50 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Should I just keep on without the food until four months? She just eat 14 ounces in not even an hour...?
    Anonymous

• I started all 4 of my kids on cereal at 4 months. Although it's basically nutritionless, she is getting all the nutrition she needs from formula/breastmilk and the increased complex carbs will help fill her up. If she really seems hungry, talk to her ped and see if he/she will give you the go ahead to try spoon feeding some cereal to her.

Answer by missanc at 8:19 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I would stick w/ the cerial, since dr. recomended it, and her stomac is not ready for food yet.
    Maybe you can add more cerial than the 2 tbsp., so she gets full. I would cut the holes in the nipples of the bottles bigger to allow thicker food to go through.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:26 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My sister had to start her child on cereal in her bottle at about that age as well. Her daughter was begging for food just after she finished a full bottle. The doctor told her the same advice as yours did, two tblsp of cereal in a full bottle. That helped greatly. You really can start stage one pureed foods at four months, that's always what I've been told. That's when I started my children on pureed foods. They both took to it really well, though they didn't eat pureed for all meals until about 6-7 months. It really helped them feel more full and really helped them from drinking more formula then they should during the day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:48 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Ok, so your baby is eating between 28- 48 oz in a day. I think the normal is somewhere between 24-32 oz. I would wait a couple of days and see if it goes down. When babies go through a growth spurt they tend to eat a lot more than they would on average. If this has been going on for a while, you could consider a little cereal. What people need to remember is that every baby is different. It is suggested to wait because of obesity, blah, blah, blah. If you feel that your baby needs more food, then go for it. Just try a little. It's not like you're talking about steak and potatoes for dinner. It's a little cereal. Besides, it may be what baby wants.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:19 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I would try and offer her bottles more often throughout the day, and wait on the baby food until she's about six months old.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 9:30 PM on May. 16, 2010