can a UTI cause vomiting?

tue night i started trowing up, everything i ate or drank came rigt back up, i thought i had a bug or something well after 6 hour i was so dehidrated i coulnt walk, so i went to th ER after 3 iv bags and test and 10 hours later they said it was a uti infection that caused all my prob;ems. is this true? ive never heard of vommiting with a uti? im also 5 1/2 mos pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Health

• YES! It was my DD's only symptom, twice - she'd be totally fine, throw up, and be fine. We'd go to the doctor, they'd test her pee, and she'd be fine again after a round of antibiotics. The 2nd time it was a lot easier to diagnose. It's a fairly normal symptom, apparently. I've never had a full-blown UTI so I've never been through that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 17, 2010

• YES! it happens to me too, it's usually when it's in my kidney's too but yes it happens to me. and when i have a kidney stone i get sick as hell too.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:04 PM on May. 16, 2010