Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can i buy in the store for termites?

Answer Question

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:27 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 31 (50,120 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I wouldn't risk that. I'd get a professional to come in. My aunt called them and it wasn't too much.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on May. 16, 2010

  • Who did she call

    Answer by mamaofficer at 9:40 PM on May. 16, 2010

  • Get a Professional they will be able to determine if they are actually Termites and NOT flying ants which look very much like termites. G/L There is Terminex or of you are in either CT,NJ,NY there is JP McHale they are Awesome company that is what we use for preventive maintenance.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on May. 16, 2010

  • Sorry - in the case of real termite, always call in a professional. Just look in your local phone book and start making phone calls. Ask if they are licensed and bonded.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:05 PM on May. 16, 2010

  • Our house is a 1400 square foot brick ranch with crawl space. We have a pest control company that comes out and sprays for bugs once every three months ($35 a visit and they come free if we need them in between months) anyways, the last time they were out they noticed termites in our landscaping timbers. He told us to get rid of the timbers (we were going to anyway) and told us it would about $700 if they termites were in the house (which they weren't). My parents house is a 3000 square foot house and I think they just had termites and the same company treated their house for about $1200.

    Answer by kc932 at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2010

  • Termites are definatly something you would want to handle professionaly IMO. What did you do? Were you able to get rid of them?

    Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.