Worst C-Section Ever! Has anyone experienced this or anything like it? Please I need help!

Right after surgeryI was in more pain then I EVER knew possible and this is my 2nd c section so I thought I knew what to expect. In the hospital they brought in pain management and they gave me the max of what they could for my size and they still couldn't get the pain under control. The day after I left the hospital my incision was oozing green so I called the ob and they had me come in. She told me I was fine. Over the next week the pain kept getting worse so I called the doc a couple of times and the wouldn't see me. To make a long story short my incision ended up splitting open cause it was SO infected with Staph. I was on lots of anti biotics but the right side pain was still unbearable. I had every test and they all came back pretty well normal. 3 months pp I passed golf ball size piece of placenta. No one no's what to do and im now 7 months pp the pains still awful and last night I passed more placenta.what's next? plz

blondisfun

Asked by blondisfun at 8:32 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Health

• No, I am sorry. I had two very uneventful c-sections. If I were you, I would definitely consult another OB/GYN, and possibly an attorney. It sounds like negligence, but then again, you do have to sign a consent form, which I am sure covers most of the post surgery stuff pretty well. Good Luck to you.
    Anonymous

• I felt my c-section. It could always be worse.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:44 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I would also post this in the medical question group, there is usually one or more nurses in there that answer all sorts of questions. So sorry for everything you have been through, hope you feel better!
    Anonymous

• I had two C-sections and with both of them they got infected. With my first one i was admitted to the hospital because my incision became infected. I was put on IV antibotics and they had to open my incision up and pack it for several weeks. My second C-section my incision became infected but not as bad I was not hospitalized but they had to open my incision and pack it to allow it to heal from the inside out.. I would consult another OBGYN. Is it possible that they might have left a piece of gauze or something inside of you. Contact a Lawyer sounds like you have a malpractice case they are not going to admitt they did something wrong.
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 9:15 PM on May. 16, 2010

• You should get another doctor!
    Anonymous

• That sounds bad....I had a c-section without any problems at all...not a day or even an hour of pain...no oozing, etc. Obviously this is not what you should have expected and it sounds like they need to do something for you now.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:19 AM on May. 20, 2010