can I change his name?

I got a new dog today, hes already a year and a half, can I change his name or would that just confuse him? btw his name is mugly, and the funny thing is he doesn't even respond to it lol..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pets

• Mugle is an aweful name, sounds too much like ugly. I would give him a new name, why not since he has a brand new life!
    Anonymous

• I agree...mugly sounds so depressing. I would change it and start using it a.s.a.p
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 9:12 PM on May. 16, 2010

• change it, the dog will learn a new name. My parents had a dog that my mom and dad had different names for and she answered to both.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:19 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I was told that you can change a dogs name but its best to choose a name that starts with the same letter & has the same amount of consonents in it.... Makes its a bit harder- but im sure theres something better than mugly.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 9:21 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My parents adopt their dogs through German Shepard rescue and have changed all of their names. And two have become Police K-9s! I know how you feel, I have a dog named JD after my EX-husband Jason Daniel (not one of my mothers brightest ideas or the one time I decided to listen to her, LOL) and I have been wanting to change his name for years!!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:45 PM on May. 16, 2010

• thanks so much for the answers everyone!!
    Anonymous

• I changed my cats name about seven times the first week we hard her. Nothing seemed to fit and then I found the perfect name.
    Anonymous

• I'd call him Mowgli. Sounds similar but not icky:)
    Anonymous

• Oh, Mowgli is kinda cute :)
    Anonymous

• It's easy to change a dog's name. Just make it something that rhymes with his current name.
    Anonymous