• In the Spotlight:

bpa free

are gerber plastic food containers bpa free my mother in-law thinks they are not i researched it and i am just confused i know making my own baby food is the best but its just not going to happen

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 9:36 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they are but glass is usually better IMO. It heats better in water, closes more securely and are more compact.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:59 PM on May. 16, 2010

• To make your own baby food you don't need containers. Wait until your baby is 6 months. All you have to do is fork mash food. Take a banana, fork mash some and let the baby feed itself. You eat the rest. Microwave or steam a sweet potato, fork mash, let the baby feed itself, you eat the rest. If you are going to store leftovers, glass is best. You can buy new canning jars or get some at a yard sale. You can freeze in icecube trays or cupcake tins and put in freezer bags. You could use breastmilk bags. I've always made my grandson's food, no big deal.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:27 PM on May. 16, 2010

• The gerber square containers were not BPA free a year ago...but you can check online I'm sure.
    Glass is ALWAYS better.
    Also...making baby food is EASY...it really is...you just need some time on a Sunday to start...and you make a batch, freeze it in ice cube trays and take a cube when you need it!
    I barely bought ANY baby food for my ds so he got real organic food every day.
    And hey, how hard is it to mash a banana or avocado with your fork? That's homemade baby food too! :)
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:48 PM on May. 16, 2010