I'm 26 weeks pregnant, and I have really bad indigestion.. I have been watching that I eat to make there isn't alot of acid but it doesn't seem to be help.. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Health

• when, tums, maylox, mylanta etc didnt work
    there was ZANTAC
    worked like a charm

good luck
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:38 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Ah the joys of pregnancy I am 34 weeks so I feel your pain the things that sorta help are Tums and remaining upright for at least a 1/2 after eating and making sure I am eating snacks in between meals instead of only eating 3 meals a day and Dairy products just make it worse also so I try to limit my dairy to when I know I will be running errands instead of near bedtime(or my daily afternoon nap. Congats on your pregnancy. ;)
    Anonymous

• Try milk
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:42 PM on May. 16, 2010

• milk worked well for me.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:46 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Have them check you for gallstones. With my first, they told me the Sword through my chest and spreading into my back/ bear trap forcing my chest open at the diaphragm pain was indigestion. It continued after the first. With my second, I had an attack so bad I thought I was going to die, "indigestion" for 14 hours. I went to the hospital, and they FINALLY diagnosed gallstones and gall bladder disease. I went on a highly modified diet to avoid attacks (grilled chicken, steamed carrots and green beans, no dairy, no fat, fat free popcorn for snacks, a chicken wrap w/out lettuce if I was out, and only water and non citrus juice to drink). I had my gallbladder out two weeks after my youngest was born. I don't want to scare you, but if it is seriously that bad, get checked.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 11:08 PM on May. 16, 2010

• get yourself on some probiotics they would be really beneficial for you and the baby. It cured me when I was pregnant.Also eat lots of cool creamy yogurt it really calms the tummy down a lot! GL hope this helps.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:02 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Thank you guys so much.. I have tried milk and it didn't work.. But I wll try tums.. I was just worried about what I could take and what I couldn't... I really appreciate all your answers and I will try all of them if I have too..
    nessajo25

Answer by nessajo25 at 12:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I am 27 weeks prego and I have tried milk and yogurt with probotics because I am trying to limit my medicine with the baby but nothing works better than mint flavored Tums and Rolaids. This is just what works for me. feel better all.
    Smicky

Answer by Smicky at 8:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2014