Does anyone ever feel like their husband thinks everything they do is wrong?

I am just feeling very discouraged right now. If I'm driving, he tells me I should have taken another road. He comments on the order I do things in around the house. If I'm trying to follow through after I warned my child that there would be a consequence, he tries to talk me out of it right in front of them. I try really hard not to argue in front of the kids, but he doesn't seem to mind. He interrupts me while I'm trying to explain things to my kids. Sometimes I dread the weekends. I love him, but life is less stressful when it's just me and the kids. I'm not planning on going anywhere because I vowed to be with him for better or for worse, but the idea of living to an old age like this is depressing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• We are going through exactly that right now too. We just started counseling because I am not going to walk on eggshells for the rest of my life or cowtow to his every want. The house isnt always perfect, the laundry sometimes does sit in the dryer for a day, I dont like to take the freeway home when I can take the scenic route through the city. He can deal with these things. Im sure you love your husband and family dearly. Thats why you need to talk to him about it now and start developing a better line of communication. Try setting goals with each other allowing compromise. Good luck Mama!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:55 PM on May. 16, 2010

• let him no how you feel, my dh was the same way for a while uintil i completly lost it and freaked out at him , then we sat down and talked now we are fine, he still does it every now and again, but not all the time...
    Anonymous

• Just talk to him and be honest. Don't B*tch at him, you'll get no where, but sit down and tell him what you told us.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:26 PM on May. 16, 2010

• OP here. Thanks for your answers so far. I really think that counseling would help us, but we have nobody who can watch the kids. Everyone is so busy. I would also be uncomfortable telling someone why we would need them to watch the kids once every couple of weeks.
    Anonymous

• a man who acts like this has a control issue, along with several other ones-lk he cant feel like a man unless he is demeaning the person he vowed to love, honor& cherish.he as well as u made the same vows & he is not living up to the ones he made to u.u need help but men who have these problems have a tendency to also become violently abusive when they fear that the object of their ability to feel better is going to tell anyone what they have been doing to them.b careful when u decide u r READY to get help.U NEED2 B READYand make a plan.there is a great group on cm called GUARDIAN ANGELS.they hv lots of info on how to get help when u rREADY 2 do so.check out the group.u will see u r not alone&there is a better life available4 u&your children.remember by staying with him &putting up with this u r teaching yr DS to act this way&yr DD that its ok to hv her own husband treat her as u hv been treated by the 1 who loves u most!GL
    Anonymous

• Many men think they know how to do things better than others. I just smile and say "Ok" to SO and then do it my way! I would tell him no arguing in front of the children. If he starts it then just don't say anything other than "We can discuss this later".. It takes two to argue. If you stop he just sounds stupid talking into thin air and not getting a response!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Keeping this a secret is just what he wants. Islolation is part of the game.You need to do something before this gets out of hand and he does more then just embarass you in front of your children as well as teach them you dont know what you are doing because he acts out right while you are trying to disipline them correctly. He is being the good guy then so they will come to him when they want or need somethiung because you are not capable of doing anything right. I lived thru this. Get help before it is too late and your biggest fears are is resolved>>Your kids treat you the same way and no one believes why you have done nothing for so long. It sounds bad to me much worse then these other well meaning mamas are taking what you have said. Get help but make a plan so you can do so without being hurt any worse. I know its difficult but you and your children deserve better. believeme it does work out and you will be ok.
    Anonymous

• Agree with Anon 11:15
    Anonymous