How do I boil eggs to make them easier to peel?

Every time I boil eggs, they are hard to peel. What can I do to make them easier to peel???

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 9:57 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• bump

mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:58 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Don't boil them when they are really fresh. Buy them wait a week at least, and then boil them.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:58 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I think not. The older eggs are, the easier they are to peel once boiled. Brand new eggs are hard to peel.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:59 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Add a few teaspoons of white vinegar in with the water. It works!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 10:11 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Try this: I do this which is what my mom did. Put the eggs in a lot of water, and boil. Simmer for 40 minutes. I know it's a long time but it works for me and they are perfect & easy to peel. You can simmer covered or uncovered, I've tried both.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:14 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Ive always peeled them as soon as they are done boiling.. I run cooler water over them to not burn my fingers, and they peel easy..

Last year we forgot about them & they sat around for a while.. was NOT fun!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:41 PM on May. 16, 2010

• really easy! add salt to the water...works like a charm!
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 10:57 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Oh gosh don't let them cook for 40 minutes. I just did some today - yes, they are easier when they're older. But while they're still warm, crack the shells (I gently roll them against the counter or soemthing to shatter the shell) and let them sit in water for a few minutes, then I peel them. The warmer they are, and the more water gets under the shell, the easier they are to peel. I peel a LOT of eggs, and peeling right away is definitley key!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 17, 2010

• LOL at all the responses. I have chickens. The eggs you get in the store are usually about a month old. That is why they are easy to peel. Eggs stay fresh for up to 5 months in the fridge. If you keep them cold and don't get them wet.

The eggs peel easier if the eggs are older. The new, fresh eggs are nearly impossible to peel. (No matter how much junk you add to the water. LOL)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I havent heard of the older the better.but what i do is boil as usual then place them in cool water ,let them set in ice if needed then roll gently on counter and peel gently.This was my gma trick and what we do in my resturant.let me know if it works for you.
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 3:17 AM on May. 17, 2010