How do I deal with my picky eater without letting him go hungry at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I give my daughter Good Start 2. It's for toddlers. She gets 4 ounces before bed. Or you can try pedia sure.
    Anonymous

• yes good start! i had to do that with my son.
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 10:37 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I agree with PP. Also, why would your picky eater go hungry? Feed them what they will eat before bed.
    Anonymous

• who is PP?
    Anonymous

• I agree to feed him whatever he'll eat before bed. I had 3 picky eaters and they didn't eat the same things! I made sure they were fed no matter how picky they got

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Children over one don't need formula, supplements, cow's milk, or any other mammal milk other than human milk. Giving milk can cause digestive problems that causes the child to be a picky eater. It can also cause constipation, anemia, and other health problems. If you are no longer breastfeeding you fix them something they like that is good for them.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:48 PM on May. 16, 2010

• PP means previous poster. as for my picky son, i give him breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. i give him what i make, if he doesn't eat, he doesn't eat. he'll eat when he's hungry. the pediasure stuff just makes it worse, it keeps them full, which gives them more of a chance not to eat what you put in front of them.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:51 PM on May. 16, 2010

• You feed your TODDLER what they like. Many toddlers are NOT picky, they don't like the new textures or strong tastes. I would NEVER let any child go hungry. If they don't like something after tasting it, I would make them a sandwich or something simple. When my son was a toddler, I always made sure there was something that he liked at every meal. I always tell people, "how do YOU feel when someone MAKES you eat something that you DON'T like?" Think of how a child would feel being forced to eat foods that they don't like.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My son is picky and I just cater to it and feed him what he'll eat. I give him a multi vitamin to make up for his poor eating habits. It may not be the thing to do, but I don't want him to be hungry and I don't believe in forcing children to eat things they hate. He has to try a bite, but he doesn't have to eat it if he doesn't like it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:07 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My baby (yes, she is my baby!!) is 22 months old, and she is a bit picky too. Especially at dinner time. She will try a bit of what I've cooked, then refuse to eat anymore. I don't like her to go to bed hungry, so I will give her some whole wheat bread (at least). She gets a bottle of milk before bed too, so that helps to fill her tummy.

My perspective is this: at least she tries what I serve her. All I ask is that she try it.

She is more of a grazer, so I'm not sure if it's best to cater to that sort of eating pattern, rather than forcing her to conform to the 3 meals a day eating pattern.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:15 PM on May. 16, 2010