how can i help boost my SO's self esteem

i feel like he has PPD
really
he has been really stressed, depressed, down
he's filing bankruptcy chapter 7 in the next month and its good for him, last resort of course, but itll take a lot of pressure off of him. I saw a glimpse of hope when he was done talking to the attorney about it.

but other than that I dont know what to do
Im not going to marry him until he can prove he can handle his money because I just opened an office and I dont want all my assets to go to hell, KWIM?

but besides money i dont know what to do to make him get out of this slump
its starting to bring me down too and causing arguments because he's just so insecure

IDk what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• He'll be fine. If you do everything for him that's enabling him. Just be supportive. You can remind him the economy is to blame, not him. You can encourage him to set goals. His self esteem is fine. He's just been knocked for a loop. I did Chapter 7 and it was the best thing I ever did
    Anonymous

• Build up his self esteem by pointing out what he does well, what he does better than anyone else. Give him opportunities to do what he does well (balance the check book, for example, fold the laundry.) Swallow your own desire to win and let him feel in charge. Part of financial disaster is that he feels that he has lost control of his life, try to help him feel in charge.

Answer by Bmat at 10:54 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I treat my man like a king when he gets down and depressed. I cook him a great meal and wait on him hand and foot. I always tell him he is the best and i show him too. flatter him, make him feel amazing, stroke his ego , that what works for me. also let him do the talking. let him talk about himself and his problems and just agree and support what he says
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:54 PM on May. 16, 2010

• If you arent married to this guy I would say to run the other way. Sorry, but do you really want to walk into a marriage like this? He sounds very unstable, rethink what you are getting yourself into here
    Anonymous

• weve been together 3 years and this is the first time he has been so down, ive been like this before and he stuck by me but im new at this, he's always THE MAN lol
    Anonymous