For all the co sleepers....

http://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on May. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• you know sids was infant crib death syndome before right?
    millions of mamas around the world co sleep
    the US just has a lot of dumb asses who dont check on their babies
    Anonymous

• for all the anonymous cowards who want to stir up drama and be condescending...

GET A LIFE!

if you are not a co sleeper, then why do you care? i am so sick of the judgemental crap on this site...so many of you want to argue about who is right. work or stay home. spank or not. co sleep or crib. organic or not. do what you think is best for your kids and be supportive of each other. we are all mothers here and we all love our kids. take your statistics and get a life.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:20 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Other studies contradict this one. As well as just common sense about what is biologically best for babies (being in close contact with their mothers 24/7... nature never intended separation).

I agree, do what you feel is best for your family and the next time you think to "educate" us, just let it go. 90% of co-sleepers are educated and made a decision based on facts and logic.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:24 PM on May. 16, 2010

• to the above two posters junekitten and ati 13....YOU ROCK!! i wish all the mothers were like you on here.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:43 PM on May. 16, 2010

• june_kitten, Ati_13 I absolutely agree. There are so many conflicting studies that you really just have to make choices that best suit your family. I co slept with 2 of my 3 kids when they were babies. One would not settle so to my dissapointment I put her in the bed bassinett on my bed. They have all survived! So have many babies who's mother's chose to put them in their cribs. My sister is pregnant with her first and is making decisions that she wants to based on what's best for her and dh. Should I be offended that she isn't choosing to do things my way? Heck no, I will support her and answer any questions she asks so she can make the best decision for her family.
    I wonder if you've had to deal with sids or someone close to you. I know of someone who lost her dd to sids. It was tragic and sad but she seems to have a level head about it and as far as I know she still put's her other dd in a crib.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:54 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I did my own personal study. First kid did not want to co-sleep, no problem. Second loves to cuddle and snuggle and would only sleep with mommy and daddy. We co-slept for 3 years and GASP! He survived! What works for some, doesn't work for others. Have a nice day.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:09 PM on May. 17, 2010