Why do you believe in Jesus?

Why do you believe in Jesus?

I wanted to answer this quesiton another mom asked but it said it is only for those that believe he is the son of God which I don't.

So this is for those that believe in Jesus, peace be upon him, and that he is NOT the son of God...

GDIMOM

Asked by GDIMOM at 11:17 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in Jesus, peace be upon him, because Islam teaches us he is a prophet and messenger of Allah sent to the Israelites to invite them back to the path of submission and obedience to Allah.

He was born to virgin Mary, peace be upon her without a father. His birth is similar to the creation of Adam, who had no father or mother. Jesus spoke even when he was a baby and gave testimony to the Oneness of God. He was neither crucified nor killed.

He was son of Mary, not son of God. He was not God but a human being. Believing in any one as God other than the one God, the Almighty and the Creator, is an unforgivable sin.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 11:23 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I believe that bible to be true, which are the testimonies of His discipines, and many witnesses etc. I have studied the bible the gospels. I beleive that He was born from a virgin through the Holy spirit. i believe Jesus' miracles were true and from God, I believe that not only was Jesus crufied but he also rose on the third day and ascended to Heaven... thus conquering death. I believe that Jesus spoke the truth and never sinned in any way. He is the Messiah the prophets spoke of in the old testaments. He is the son of God, son of Man, Emmanuel (God with us) and will soon come back again. You have to say, either Jesus was who He said He was, or else He was a lier and a sinner, there is no inbetween.

Jesus says to His people " But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." This is how I know Jesus.
    Anonymous

• Pardon me if I interject, but the Q'uran was created by Mohammad and mohammad was born 400 years AFTER Christ died, so how did he know what happened? Jesus was more than a prophet. He was the fulfilment of the prophecies in the Old testament. May I inquire what Mohammad fulfilled?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:38 PM on May. 16, 2010

• To anon:37...... You're right, and if the testimonies of Jesus was a lie (including all the saints who wrote of him), then also the prophecies would be a lie, in the Old testement, which Islam believes, and therefore the idea of God would be a lie, and we are arguing for nothing.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:42 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I believe in Jesus because as I read my the Word, study it, and share it I am made amazingly aware of Who He is. He has shown Himself mightily in many situations I have been in. How could I not believe in Him?
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:38 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Because I've seen him.

I am not a Christian though. I do not follow the teachings of the Orthodox Christian church. Jesus has led me another route. But he is very real to me and I have spent time with him in another space and time outside of this space and time. My son has also.

Neither of us is orthodox christian. I do not believe that the teachings of the New Testament are the teachings of Jesus. I believe they are the teachings of Paul. And I do not believe that Paul got it right. I go by what Jesus teaches me.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 9:38 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Fem: Jesus would never go against His word and lead you on a different path than the way the truth and the life.
    I am not sure what you saw or who really spoke to you but if it led you away from the gospel and the NT... Id be very concerned for you.
    The bible says Satan can come as an Angel of Light... and decieve.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:13 PM on May. 17, 2010

• "Jesus would never go against His word"

Exactly.

But if you are following the NT you are basically following the teachings of Paul and his followers, not Jesus. Most of what is being taught in churches today are the teachings of Paul. Paul never met Jesus. He said he "saw" him on the road to Emmaus.
    Well, I saw him too. How do we know that Paul actually saw the real Jesus? We don't. Just like you doubt that I did. But you don't doubt Paul?

hmmm... becasue why? Because Paul lived 2000 years ago so he must have been legit? Because he started a new religion?

Sorry, I don't buy that.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 2:22 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Just want to add... sorry, peoples... but you ain't takin' my Jesus away from me! You don't get to own Jesus! I can love Jesus if I want to, and you can't stop me! I can be a pagan and love Jesus and you can't stop me! So get over it. yes, I know the REAL Jesus, yes, I've seen him in visions, and I'm just as sure that he IS Jesus as you are that that is who you are praying to when you pray. How do you know your prayers aren't being intercepted by the devil, Lucifer? Hmmm? You know it because you trust that when you pray to Jesus, Jesus is who hears you. I trust that when I talk to Jesus, Jesus is who I am talking to. simple as that.
    Sorry if the fact that Jesus is for ALL people doesn't sit well with you. Get over it.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Then stop pretending to know all the answers, m2KnL. You do NOT know all the answers, and you do NOT know what Jesus thinks, because you have never met him. Neither has anyone else who is alive today. We all think we know what Jesus was about. All we really know is that there are some stories that were handed down orally and eventually written down. That is all we know. Those of us who feel we KNOW him do so because in our hearts we have asked Him to have a relationship with us. At the heart of belief in Jesus is that. Either you think you know Him or you do not. Some people happen to think that the NT is NOT all there is to know about Jesus. And you do NOT have all the answers.

Like it or not, I have just as much right to a relationship with Jesus as you do. Sorry, but that is not pretending.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 4:47 PM on May. 17, 2010