Did you or didn't you swaddle your baby?

The nurses told me to start in the hospital but now that I think of it, it didn't really help with my daughter. She still got up a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on May. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I did with my two, so far. I think it helped a little. I definitely think they were more comfortable swaddled, but my first didn't want her arms tucked in.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:19 PM on May. 16, 2010

• it helped with my dd. it just makes them feel more secure, like being inside the womb. they are use to being scrunched up.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:20 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My son HATED it. he would break out of the swaddle even as a 2 week old lol
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:22 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Yes I swaddled with both. Put the blanket down in a four square and put baby in the middle and then put corner to corner tight. they have been in the womb for 9months, they feel better with having that extra protection. I still have my babies swaddling blankets I saved them from the hospital.
    Anonymous

• i carried my first one in a mayan wrap...he loved it...he did not like being swaddled, though. my second son would have no part of swaddling or being carried in a sling. he wanted to look out at everything. so i carried him like a football, or facing out.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:27 PM on May. 16, 2010

• my son HATED being swaddled...but I was pretty much always holding him or laying next to him until he was mobile so he must have felt secure that way instead. He did insist that his blanky touch his cheek though.... :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:32 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My first either didn't like to be swaddled or I didn't know how to do it. My second I used swaddleMe blankets and slept really well in them for about 6 1/2 months. She was such a good sleeper, she was sleeping through the night consistantly by 6 weeks old. My third is 3 1/2 months and still swaddled, he is a good sleeper too, although not as good as his sister. It has helped so much, as soon as he starts getting fussy and I think he's tired I wrap him up, give him a pacifier, and he's asleep within minutes.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:38 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My son loved it. The tighter the better.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:03 AM on May. 17, 2010

• yeah, I've swaddled most of my kids. my oldest hated it and would scream and kick once swaddled but unswaddled he go straight to sleep. the second it didn't make a differance, my third loved it, same with the fourth adn my 5 is 1 mo and LOOOVES to be swaddled.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:50 AM on May. 17, 2010

• With my first born I didn't. She was independent from the moment she was born, she never liked being swaddled or held too much. Even when she got up at night, she usually just layed in her crib looking at the ceiling and sucking on her fingers - then her toes when she discovered those. She's actually more dependent now as a 5 year old than she ever was as an infant. My 2nd daughter however has always been a mommy's girl and she loved being swaddled and even now at the age of 4 she'll wake up and come into my room and get next to me to cuddle for a little while before starting the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 17, 2010