My daughter is ready to start shaving her legs . . . any recommendations on how to start this process? and what is the best razor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughter uses a schick (maybe it's a quatro for her?) I am not sure exactly which one. But it has tiny vertical wires over the blades so you don't cut yourself.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:29 PM on May. 16, 2010

• The schick intuition is pretty good. It is the one that has the soap around the blade. It is easier than using shaving cream and it is harder to cut yourself.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:30 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Just bought the intuition and love it good luck!! the replacements are kind of pricey but also last awhile.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:48 AM on May. 17, 2010

• When I first started shaving, my mom and I both put on bathing suits (she has this thing about being naked), and we both got in the shower and shaved, she showed me how to do it as she did it. It was a good bonding thing for us.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:42 AM on May. 17, 2010

• When my daughter starts shaving, I'll be giving her a Veet. I have used it, it's easy, and there's no chance of her cutting herself. I remember giving myself several bad cuts on my legs when I first started because I wasn't used to it yet, which is why I'll be giving her the Veet.

Answer by missanc at 12:38 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I personally have stopped shaving. And when my little cousin came to me asking about shaving, i called her mom and asked her if I could show her how much easier it is to use Nair rather than shaving. Nair works great, and the hair doesnt seem to come in as thick as when you shave.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 1:11 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Lol...I dont know what I am laughing but this is cute. ;) But tell her what motion to go when shaving for best results, and buy her one that is good, not a cheap one because even us adults cut our legs up, so you dont want her doing that. something like the chic razor...i think its called, but a more expensive brand, but she still may get the little nicks, tell her thats fine. its not going to scar.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 2:46 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I swear by Intuition razors. They are the only ones that don't cut me and it has soap and conditioners attached to the head of the razor. It's amazing.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:40 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My mom gave me one of the old time razors with large blades that had to be put in. No shaving cream, soap was enough. Thankfully, I eventually found the better disposable brands and shaving cream. I love the venus brand.
    Eyvette

Answer by Eyvette at 11:37 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Why not get her whatever you use? There is no prefect razor, I've used lots of them, and they all have their good and bad points to them. Nicks and Cuts are normal when you're learning, it's not a bad thing. Hell, my DH still cuts himself EVERY TIME he shaves and he's in his 30's so you can't expect her entire experience to be pain free... I would say though, get her a good moisturizing shave cream or gel no matter what razor you get her. That will help to keep the skin soft and help to keep her from getting to many nicks...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 PM on May. 18, 2010