My son keeps gettin diareaha lately could it be the juice??

He goes through so many diapers everyday bc he poos so much. It can be a little or alot at times. My mother in law thinks its the juice but i use half water and half juice. I wonder if its just teething bc he's been real grouchy latelyand pulling at his ears. Is there any suggestions yall may have that can help me?? He doesnt like water just punch juice ad milk and other stuff thats bad for him...of course but he doesnt get it. Im just worried bc he's getting such a bad rash on his behind and lil stuff i dont wana go into the hospital next wk with his rash so bad bc while im having my baby he's gona be staying at my moms and im afraid she wont use his A&D like i have been and it will get worse so plz tell me what i can do.

nicole341

Asked by nicole341 at 11:30 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Idk how old he is, but if he's under a year old, he should only be on milk. At any age, kids need to be limited on juice because of the natural sugar content - YES even 100% juice and I don't think your son is on 100% juice because you said fruit punch but I could be wrong. It's good to dilute it, but they still do not need very much of it. With my 3 kids and every kid I ever babysat, I limited it to only 4 ounces of juice - even diluted.
    As for the rash, the A&D isn't working. If it was, it would have CLEARED up the rash. The BEST thing to use for a diaper rash of any kind, especially the bad kind is the cream used for athlete's foot. The reason is that athlete's foot is a yeast infection which is fungal and that is also what a diaper rash is. If you use this for about three diaper changes, you WILL see a MAJOR improvement!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:40 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Have you ruled out milk products? With my daughter it was milk. For my sisters little girl it was the red food coloring in juice and jello.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:31 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I would cut out juice completely. There really isn't a need for it but if you want to give him some, make sure that he is only getting 4 oz per day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:32 PM on May. 16, 2010

• many babies and toddlers get serious diarrhea from apple juice
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:33 PM on May. 16, 2010