6mos old...lol 1st tantrum

a mini one of course
because he wants my cell phone
hes crawling around everything to find it...haha

trying to distract him by buying him his own electronic toy, a drum that plays songs, baby joins, and also can play the ABC's when you hit it

but still is screamin and yellin looking for my celly...its cute for sure

what can I do? this normal at this age already? I can only laugh right now because hes determined and its too cute, but if this is a glimpse of his toddler stage im a bit nervous lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal, and not really a big deal. It is not an indicator of "terrible twos", its just normal curiosity and frustration of not being able to inspect something interesting that mommy seems to enjoy..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:13 AM on May. 17, 2010

• you've encouraged the bad behavior by rewarding him instead of disciplining. even at that age if a child throws a tantrum it must be corrected or you will have a serious problem when he is older and throwing screaming tantrums whenever he doesn't get his way
    Anonymous

• op

i figured hes a baby and just needs to be distracted with something fun to do
    im not going to punish a 6 month old...sorry if thats your parenting technique, not mine though
    Anonymous

• normal, distraction should work
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:08 AM on May. 17, 2010