Anyone ever have shingles? Or know someone? Share stories please...

I thought I had a spider bite but ended up finding out I had shingles in my arm which is very unusual. Want to see if anyone had similar symptoms.....burning on my middle finger, a few bumps that were red and swollen, very painful, nerve pain in that hand and up to my elbow, numbing, tingling feeling

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dad had it on one side of his face when he was dating my mom. Very very painful, and it affected the eyesight in one eye.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:48 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Look it up on webmd. All I remember is that stress makes it worse.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:49 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My dad had it on his back, sides and stomach. He was in awful pain. The pain lasted weeks and to this day he still has some problems. I remember the dr telling me to keep my newborn away from my dad b/c he could get chicken pox.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 12:50 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Wow. I had a friend at work tonight tell me she has shingles. I had it about four years ago. The pain comes and goes. It is a nerve damaging pain. Please take care of yourself and rest. Shingles is usually supressed by the immune system so it means the system is stressed when shingles flares.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 17, 2010