pneumonia

This monday will mark a week since the doctor said my daughter had pneumonia and given her antibiotics. She also said she was dehydreted. Since then I have been giving her antibiotics as directed and propel drinks all week long. She has a fever or 101 in the morning, fine in the afternoon, and at bed time 101 again. She has been coughing up mucus and naps on and off all day. I am worried althought she is not getting worse but I dont feel she is getting better. I am thinking about taking her back to the doctor tommorrow. Am I over reacting?

nurdreams

Asked by nurdreams at 11:59 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Health

• Give it a couple more days. You usually take antibiotics for ten days. If after 10 days she still seems sick, then go back.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:04 AM on May. 17, 2010

• It takes a good week or more to get over pneumonia. I was given a week off work excuse when I had walking pneumonia.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:04 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't think you're overreacting. I think you should call in the morning. My DD doens't have pneumonia but what our doc treated her for a week ago isn't any better. Don't hesitate just because other people say to give it more time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 17, 2010