What's a good birthday present for a 4yo boy? / What kind of toys does your 4yo son like?

I'm used to shopping for girls only because I have 2 daughters and I don't know what kind of toys little boys like since my son is only 1 month old. What would be a good birthday present for a boy turning 4 years old? I'm looking to spend around $20. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Right now Toy Story 3 is going to be in for that age probably.

You can't go wrong with a Buzz light year toy from there. They also have some ImagineNext toys featuring Toy Story 3 Characters and hot wheels too. Lots of options and less than 20 bucks many of them.

Oh and don't forget to throw in a book. I like to enourage reading.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I was going to recommend Toy Story too! My son was obsessed with Buzz light year at that age! "To infinity and beyond"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 17, 2010

• do you know what he already has? does he have a ton of toys?
    puzzles are good and you can get the jigsaw type with 24 pieces
    playdough play sets
    legos and trios play sets...they are sold next to each other
    imaginenext toys by fisherprice
    games like "ants in the pants" and "don't break the ice", "gator golf"

Anonymous

• my son to love toy story but his fav is woody but he loves cars,trucks,trains
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 1:03 AM on May. 17, 2010

• does this boy have an older brother? iron man is very popular now. my boys were done with toy story toys by the time they were 3 :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:37 AM on May. 17, 2010

• my son is 4 and he loves - spiderman, ironman, batman/ spongebob, chowder, kids next door - any toy that has them on it is a winner. if the child has a leapster (2) then games for the system are great gifts too. if he doesnt have a tee ball set that is actually a pretty cheap gift even though it is large. we also ordered my son that butterfly kit - caterpillars that grow to butterflies and you release them --- every kid in the neighborhood was super jealous, they want one themselves, that is something that is 20 dollars plus shipping - well worth the $$ imo.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Playdough..Can't go wrong there. Not all parents allow Disney. I know we don't. Also little boys like play tractors and swim toys and stuff like that.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:06 AM on May. 19, 2010