Is this f'cked up or what?

Saturday I took my kids to a carnival event. There were animals, clowns, face painting, dancers, tarrot card reading and more. I was actually excited about going to get a free reading (just for fun). When I got there, I couldnt find the tarrot card booth so I asked around.

Come to find out the woman reading tarrot cards was SENT HOME due to constant complaining about her "doing devil worship" and "practicing satanism". I was blown away!

Ppl are so afraid of what they do not know...I have to admit, I was PIST OFF! I'll bet that had she been a Christian with a set of biblical old maid cards, she would have stayed.

I thought this was really f'cked up...what do you think?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 12:52 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• nope its not ....

However.... if there had been a Christian booth there wanting to do a spiritual reading , healing etc... ( also known as prophecy) would you have complained ?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:00 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Good I would have sent them packing too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Good riddens send that evil lady packing!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 17, 2010

• btw she is practicing ... satanism and doing the devil's work.. sorry that blows you away but it doesnt blow me away. :-) How it was handled doesnt suprise me there are Christians out there that have more fear of the enemy then God... sad really ... that there is more faith in the devil doing his work than God doing His... that to me is screwed up.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:02 AM on May. 17, 2010

• What type of carnival was it?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:03 AM on May. 17, 2010

• ANON... evil no.. misguided yes.....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:03 AM on May. 17, 2010

• But when ones Freedom or Right is taken does that not take everyone's? I don't do those cards personally but when one group can take away the rights of another it won't be long and everyone will lose....as JW's we have fought for our Religious Freedom right into the Supreme Court to be able to go door to door, to have our children stay in school even though they don't recite the Pledge.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:23 AM on May. 17, 2010

• YIKES! Just by your opening question it sounds like you have some serious personal anger issues to deal with. I am so sorry you have to get worked up over something that is just done for fun. I will pray for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 17, 2010

• how silly! tarot cards have nothing to do with the devil. most people who say things like that have no clue what is involved and they just jump to conclusions. it's sad and simple minded. these are the same people who think astrology is satanic...even though "god created the stars"...there is something wrong and evil about acknowledging them. ignorance .
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 1:31 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I would have been angry too! Also, I find it funny that the ones who have to call it "devil worship" and call the woman in question "evil" are too chicken to show who they are, typical ignorance to hide behind anonymous on the internet, sad really.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:52 AM on May. 17, 2010