running

Whats th ebest way to start out running,I usually dont walk a lot but would like to try I'm also thinking of just getting into running I would like to lose a bunch of weight but notice when I run my ankles hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Health

• Mine too! Don't run in the pavement and rest from running. Build up your workout.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:05 AM on May. 17, 2010

• start with walking. then walk further and faster. then you can add intervals of jogging, then lengthen the jogging intervals. go slow, let your body get used to it. get really good shoes for you. go to a running shoe store and get fitted. i don't think it is a good idea to push ypur body beyond it's limits. listen to your body. if running hurts your ankles, then walk.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:27 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Happy2bemom25 has some sound advice.... get a good pair of running shoes, with good arch support and a stiff, cushioned sole. Don't forget the post run/walk stretch... you get a better stretch when your muscles are at their warmest.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:37 PM on May. 17, 2010