oh my mom.....

Do you have a mom like this? I try to keep my mouth shut because she is going to do what she is going to do! She is yet again having the cops at her house because her boyfriend won't leave! He has no job and is living off her her. I told her NOT to let him move in but what does she do? Lets him move in! Every guy she has dated since my dad is pure dysfunction! Half do not have jobs...I am like OMG....Oh wait one actually worked but he was a racist alcholic that burned their house down for the money! SIGH I am just like man oh man when I think about this and wondering what its like to have a stable mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry. Just know that you deserve better than that, and be a stable mom for your kids (as I'm sure that you are). We can't fix our parents, but we can be better parents ourselves. Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:17 AM on May. 17, 2010

• No my mom is not like that but I can sympathize, after my dad died my mom went through a very weird few years and i questioned her sanity at times and mine. All you can do is hope for the best and try to talk to her when she is clear headed. If you have a siblings whichever one of you has the closest relationship with her will get farther. my sister and mom butt heads alot but mom will hear me out and i can normally get through to her. The difference is how we approach her, my sister is blunt with no tact and i am blunt but i sugar coat it, i am also 6 years older and have maturity and life experience on my side so that helps.

My mom is now remarried to a very nice man and she is stable and happy. You just have to ride out the bad periods the best you can.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:21 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My mom isn't like that but my aunt sort of is. She's been with one guy off and on for about 12 years...the probelm is he cheats on her then eventually leaves her but while he's with whatever chick he left my aunt for he still talks to my aunt every day and they'll flirt and talk about their past together so after a few months the asshole just moves back in and it starts all over again. He has an 8 year old son who was conceived while the asshole cheated on my aunt with his ex, after his son was born he took his kid and moved back in with my aunt and my aunt has raised him all his life but now the asshole has moved out again and got another girl pregnant and my aunt has not seen the child she raised since November! And yet the asshole still talks to my aunt every day and they joke around and flirt and this time he cheated on her with her son's ex-girlfriend! I told my aunt she better not take him back after the baby is born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My mom was always unstable until she died in a car accident. It was stressful to sit back and watch. I had to eventually remove myself from her life with her abusive men and drugs. It was the only way could feel solid and stable.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:26 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't know, my mom was real dysfunctional too. I loved her to death, don't get me wrong, but boy she just didn't have a clue. She passed away from cancer when I was 19. I have lots of mixed emotions about her, but I know I loved her. She just had bad judgment, that's for sure.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:58 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Take it as a lesson to learn what NOT to do with your own family. That's what I did. I sifted out the good I learned from her, held onto that, and took all the bad and learned that's what I will NOT do with my own family.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:59 PM on May. 17, 2010