EWCM but negative OPKs. Thoughts?

Tonight as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed that my CM was a little watery. Upon further investigation I had big glob of EWCM. My OPK this morning was negative and I took another one after finding the "big glob" and it was also negative. My LH surges tend to last a full 24 hours or more, so the chances that I missed the surge is pretty low. I predict that I should get my LH surge on the 17th or the 18th and ovulate either on the 18th or 19th. Is it normal to have an abundance of EWCM before the LH surge is detected? As some additional FYI, I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil and using PreSeed. I did use PreSeed yesterday but this is 24 hours after I used it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've been practicing NFP for 11 years and have long cycles, so I usually have eggwhite cervical mucus for a week or more before I ovulate.

Do you have long cycles? That could explain EWCM w/ no ovulation yet. Do you take your morning waking temp, in addition to OPK, to determine your date of ovulation?
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 11:01 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My cycles tend to be around 29-31 days with exception of last month when my cycle was 38 days. I was also very stressed out and was having some medical problems.

I do my BBT with the OPKs but nothing has happened yet. I will have to wait and see what happens. This is the first month I have had an abundance of EWCM.
    snugglies

Answer by snugglies at 10:15 PM on May. 17, 2010