what do I do....when my kid is too big for the stoller..

I have a nice double stroller for when we go for walks or the mall ( or zoo, carnival, etc.) .... of course my 1 year old sits fine in it...but my 3 year old is too big for it -- she is really tall for her age and has really long legs and so basically her legs drag.... I am really nervous when we got to busy places where we are walking ( especially by myself) .... She is in a stage where she wont hold still and will not listen and I just dont know what to do....

I have thought about those "kid leashes" put I am not sure about them...

I have also thought about the kind of double stroller that the bigger kid can like stand or sit on the back part of it ( it almost kind of looks like a step stool) ....does anyone have a good experiance with those

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• a three yr old should not be in a stroller, we have legs for a reason!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Recently I took the kids to the zoo, I have a 5 and 2 year old... when the 5 year old got tired, she sat in the stroller too. You might just have to find one that she fits in. The zoo had one that was like a jogging stroller. I don't blame you.. They can get away from you so quick. Ignore the Anon 12:29.. she's probably a hormonal insomniac!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 17, 2010

• yeah and I said she is too big for it.....

why even take the time to "answer" when you are not even giving an answer
    Anonymous

• Thanks anon #2 ..... yeah she is going through a "bad" stage and it is hard because she tries to run off and wont listen, wont hold hands or anything.......and I am nervous about someone grabbing her or her getting lost.... I dont know i looked up the sit and stand stroller ( found out what they were called lol) .... and they seem to look pretty good I might get one of those
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 17, 2010

• well for long trips a stroller is helpful. My friend had that standing one and she really liked it but they can get up and down easily they are not strapped in from what I recall. My son was tall at 3 too but he still fit in the stroller but he sat in the front. Or possibly a double side to side one. I enver liked them because they are so wide but do you mainly use them for long trips? My son walked alot at 3 unless it was like the zoo or a busy day at the mall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on May. 17, 2010

• yes I mainly use it for long trips or things like the zoo or the mall things like that...my daughter is literally the size of a 6 year old ( height wise) .... so that is my problem lol...............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on May. 17, 2010

• oh my son was big like that too! At 3-4 most thought he was in kinder. I posted at 155AM...well take her and test them out with her in them thats my advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on May. 17, 2010

• wagon sweetie :) they make lovely lovely wagons w/. seatbelts. Nicer ones have all the perks of a stroller. Cupholders, canopy, storage under the seats. Bonus: easier to the the kids in/out of.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:24 AM on May. 17, 2010

• You can test the sit and stands at the store and check them out....I think even Target has them now.

Somenoe mentioned a wagon that is a good idea.

Yeah forget that first Anon. Duh we have legs, but kids get tired and there are times/places where having a double is nice.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I second the wagon!!!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:13 AM on May. 17, 2010