What am I doing wrong??

I have been eating right, veggies, fruits, no fast food, no sodas or junk. I workout about 5 times a week for at least an hour for each workout. Its now been two months and I have lost only 1 lbs....IDK what I am doing wrong I eat a big breakfast, medium lunch, and a small dinner. If I crave in between I grab a rice cake or strawberries. Is there a way for me to lose weight faster?

IDK if it matters but Im 5'5 at 185LBS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• someone told me to check your measurements before weight. i was having the same issue. so i started checking my waist and thigh measurements and sure enough, i was losing 1-2 inches a week. i could tell because the scale was staying the same. it turned out i was gaining muscle, which is good for me. you might be doing the same thing
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 2:54 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I did do that too but its still nothing. I just feel like giving up sometimes, but Im trying my hardest not to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Are you eating whole grains and legumes?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:05 AM on May. 17, 2010

• can you change up your workout? add weights, more weight, or different exercises? increase length of cardio, change cardio type and speed?
    don't give up!!!!
    plateaus can be soo frustrating!
    you may want to count calories taken in and consumed, just to check yourself.
    you could be taking in too many or even too little calories.
    you could increase the veggies and cut back on fruit a bit. be sure to drink 1/2 of your body weight in water a day...a little more if you are doing cardio or drinking caffeine.
    have you cut or really cut back on dairy?
    good luck!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:23 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Stop grabbing carbs for your snack and replace it with protein. It's fine to eat complex carbs with your meals because the proteins combined with the carbs help your body to process it all right, but for snacks you shouldn't be eating carbs with no protein. Start eating a piece of low fat cheese or a handful of nuts for your snacks. And you should have 2 to 3 of these protein snacks a day. Eating 3 times a day will slow down your matabolism. You need to eat 6 times a day. Also, be sure you are doing some strength training. Building muscle will burn the fat.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:43 AM on May. 17, 2010

• 1.) It is vital that you know some numbers first- Basal Metabolic rate- the number of calories you need to exist at rest...then take that number at multiply it by 1.55. This will give you your Daily caloric needs- the number of calories you need to exist while active.
    2.) To lose 1 lb per week ( which is the safe way to lose weight)- you will reduce your DCN by 500 calories.
    3.) Track your burn and caloric intake daily. This will give you an idea of where you are with your weight loss.
    4.) Take your measurements- this will also help you.

I've been doing this since December and I've lost 37 lbs, 5 inches in my hips and waist and 8" in my bust. I was 5'1" and 167lbs when I started my journey and wore a size 12. I am now 130 lbs and wear a size 6. I started tracking my burn and intake using a bodybugg, eating healthier and exercising 6 days a week.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:32 AM on May. 17, 2010

• have you though about nutritional cleansing? I can send you more info if you want - just message me.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:21 PM on May. 17, 2010

• log onto calerieking and track your calories. I really never thought I was eatting as much as I was until I was told to track my food. You'd be surprised how it adds up and fast. Also eat every 2-3 hours to keep your motabilism higher.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Well post your meals. That may help. Do you use an online support group? Drink more water for snacks I eat almonds and fruit- protein and carb. In little portions. Breakfast I eat cottage cheese and fruit. Drink water and post your meals so we can help out with those. I find personally I Need to do more cardio to see the weight drop off. I also have to eat different caloric amounts each day. Lower one day then a little higher the next. IT sort of tricks the weight loss/metabolism.

mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:57 PM on May. 19, 2010