4 month old afraid of thunderstorms??

we are having a huge storm tonight. my 4 month old DS always goes to bed awake in his crib and passes out on his own no problem. hell sleep 10-12 hours straight. but tonight for some reason, he is waking up over and over again. when i hold him and calm him back to sleep, hell be asleep in my arms and thunder will come and hell start whining in his sleep. i cant get him calmed down unless i hold him. im seriously considering letting him sleep with me tonight. i feel so bad for him. he seems so afraid. ive heard of children being afraid of thunderstorms, but a baby? is this possible? has anyone else ever experienced this?

sstokes86

Asked by sstokes86 at 3:04 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The loud sound must be waking him up. I let my second child sleep with me when she was a baby. The first one- never coz I was afraid I'll roll over her. You become more confident as a mother as the years go by. Do what you think will help. Play a soothing background music to offset the loud thunder. If all else fails, I'd just put her right beside me.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:18 AM on May. 17, 2010