Pregnant and have a Dermoid Cyst on my overie

I will have to get surgery after having my son which is due Aug 2nd. Has anyone had a simular experience? I just want to know what to expect. I believe I will be delivering and then waiting 6 weeks to heal and then going for the surgery. Has anyone had the surgery. Please share any experience.

xfallenangel46x

Asked by xfallenangel46x at 3:18 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Health

• I've had dermoids removed, and I've had them burst. I seriously doubt you'll have the cyst long enough to deliver, recover, and have it surgically removed. It will most likely reabsorb or rupture while you are pregnant.

Most dermoids are tiny and go away on their own. Many women get them in early pregnancy and they go away on their own. If your doctor didn't tell you how unlikely it is that you'll have this cyst in 3 months, then I would run like hell from that doctor.

You'll know if you have a large one that ruptures. It feels like acid was injected into your stomach. There is NOTHING they can do. You'll be sore for a few days. The Rxs for pain aren't safe for your baby.

Surgery to remove them is obnoxious. I had emergency surgery once bc a dermoid caused a torsion in one of my ovaries. The doc made a surgical error that had me in bed for 2 weeks. 10 week recovery total.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:01 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Also, I switched to a gluten-free diet and that stopped my dermoids completely. I really recommend talking to someone skilled in diet-based natural health to handle this problem. Going gluten-free the rest of your pregnancy could make them go away completely.

I've never had a small dermoid-- they have always been softball size or bigger. Large enough to see them poking out.

Because your doctor has suggested scheduling surgery 4+ months out, I think you've got a bad doctor. Most dermoids go away on there own and large ones usually burst, especially in pregnant women. An experienced doctor would know this. I've seen 5 different doctors about this plus a surgical team. The diet switch is the ONLY thing that helped.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:06 AM on May. 17, 2010