Tired of being screwed by ebay/paypal?

Does anyone else do ebay? Tired of being screwed over by their "policy"? Have any bad stories on how they suck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have recently started buying from ebay and I can say the same to sellers... if your customer has a question, ANSWER IT. and dont lie. I almost bought a breastpump, which the seller claimed was NIB. But when I asked, "If its new and IN THE BOX... what breast pump is shown in the pictures?" Seller wrote back, " Thats none of your business.. you can either buy the product show or leave me the hell alone." RUDE??
    I also had a seller try to seller me a replacement kit to Dh's sword kit thingamabob<~~~ have no idea what is called.
    Anyway that particular seller had it as an auction. I sent a message asking if he'd be willing to end the auction so that I can buy it now. Dh was in "Dire need" lol or so he said. Well the seller did end the auction, but he then tried to sell me the KIT piece by piece. It went from a 65 dollar kit... to 125 total after i pay for each piece seperately..WTF.
    Seller and buyers both need to be nice
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:15 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Twice now Paypal has given refunds to people I sold to on ebay.. why?? Because they havent gotten their items yet. I shipped them a wrist watch and a month later it still hasnt arrived. EVEN THOUGH it is posted all over ebay that shipping is delayed due to the ash from volcanoes.
    I even gave them the tracking number to prove I shipped them the watch (they live in Poland). But Paypal didnt care. So he gets his watch and his money back. And when I called Paypal to find out what I should do she told me " Check USPS every day with your tracking number, once it has been delivered you can start the application process to get your money back" ...
    Paypal/ebay
    YOU GUYS SUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on May. 17, 2010

• my mom used paypal to pay for some ebay stuff, and she never recieved it in the mail, and the user claimed they mailed, so it was back and forth, all the while paypal and ebay wanted their money, and my mom refused to pay. they have no customer service whatsoever! the hitch to this is, my mom used a prepaid credit card that was in my name that i didnt use anymore, so even though it was her email address, her information, and i had nothing to do with the acount except for being the name on the credit card, they banned me as well as her! go figure, lmao. good thing i use only amazon and never ebay i guess.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 3:27 AM on May. 17, 2010

• btw this was years ago, so it had nothing to do with the vlocano, and that sux really bad for you, im sorry!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 3:29 AM on May. 17, 2010

• P.s. 60% of the people who buy things from us are complete a-holes for no reason! If you buy off ebay, do not treat your seller's like they are worthless. I am a mom, working out of my home, trying to make rent and support my new baby. I do not have 20+ people helping me to run this business- it is just me. So when you call me names, or get angry because I havent shipped your item out in 2 days (even though my policy states I ship within 7), Please remember, I am only 1 person. And I have feelings too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I've bought alot of ebay and never had a problem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on May. 17, 2010

• If you have a problem with paypal the best thing you can do is call them. It's hard to find the number on the website but its there and it will make your life easier.

I have had one problem with an ebay seller who lived in Japan. I sent the stuff back but she never refunded me and paypal didn't help - I lost a lot of money. I see why people do not trust buying from places like Japan!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:49 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't buy off ebay anymore because it is just too expensive. Because of ebays rise in fees, shipping & handling charges have become outrageous, often taking the cost of an item out of reach. Then there are the rude sellers who try to sell used items as new, then get pissed off at you, calling you a liar because you refused to keep the item & demanded a refund - yeah, I've had that happen and haven't made a purchase since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My issue was with a seller. I paid for express shipping because it was close to my ds's b-day and it had taken forever to find the item (in my price range). It was 3 days before the date when I ordered it, it got there over a week after the date. And this was a business, not home based. He then was angry about his rating and sent me a nasty-gram to my personal e-mail. I agree, common courtesy would go a long way! As for your customer getting a free watch! That's unfair, I hope you get it resolved.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:14 AM on May. 17, 2010