• In the Spotlight:

does anyone else have or had a large 4 month baby?

I have a Baby boy who will be 4 months on the 22nd and he weighs close to 18 lbs. He is a very long buy but his doctor said he Is well proportioned but I swear he looks like he could be 7 or 8 months but he is barley 4. He eats 4 oz every 3 hours. Any one else have babies like this and did they grow out of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes i have a son who is 2 and 42 pounds...he was 8lbs 9 oz when born he finally started losing the weight and they will grow out of it he is a growing boy don't be afraid to feed them. Plus I believe boys eat more than girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't remember how big DS was when he was that age mainly because he's 25 now. But he was 23" & 9lbs 22oz when he was born, by the time he was 15 mos he was already 3' tall, yep...36 freaking inches. lol Actually I don't think he ever grew out of the eating all the time stuff. He did end up a bit pudgy for awhile when he was 13-15, but when he went into the navy at 19 they measured him at 6'3" and 135lbs. He looked like a stick figure with clothes on, they were able to put 40 or so pounds on him. I think he's about 150 these days.
    I do remember when he was 4 mos I was only breastfeeding, he'd empty out both sides about every 3hrs or so. For awhile I kept feeling like an inner tube that had gone flat after each feeding. lol
    Good luck with him.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:46 AM on May. 17, 2010

• MY SON IS 8MONTHS AND EVERYONE TELLS ME HE LOOKS LIKE HE CUD BE 1YR OLD, HE WAS BORN 8lbs 2oz AND NOW HE WEIGHS 26lbsA AND HE WEAR 24MTH CLOTHES AND A 5 SHOE.... HIS FATHER CALLS HIM FAT DADDY AND ALL HE EAT(DRINK) IS SIMILAC FORMULA...HAVE TRIED GIVIN HIM EVERYTHING A BABY CAN SWALLOW, HE JUST WONT TAKE IT,,, I WILL FOR SURE KEEP TRYING.....

toddler boy

Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 6:18 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My son was also close to 18 lbs at that age...he was born weighing 8lb 7.3 oz. When he was one month old, he looked like a three month old...when he was three months old...he looked like a 6 month old lol.He's a big boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Boys are usually big.
    Anonymous

• My oldest son was 20lbs. by the time he was 4 months old. He is 9 now and is quite thin for his age (about 63lbs. and he's 4ft.3in. tall). The best thing you can do is just to listen to your child's cues for when and how much to feed.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 11:41 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Im always told my baby is very healthy, he is 24 inches and 16 pound 4 1/2 months old
    nikki4twilight

Answer by nikki4twilight at 4:27 PM on May. 17, 2010