2 year old sleeping problems - help!!

My 2 yr old (27 months) is sleeping UNDER her brother's crib at night. She will not sleep in her bed (we do put her back in bed after she's asleep. I've tried everything. I tried putting a tent over her bed - which worked some - but not every night. She seems to be there because of light and noise - maybe a safe feeling? She is also obsessed with "airplanes are too loud" right now so I'm wondering if that's why she's sleeping under there. (no we do not live by an airport)

Also - she is waking up at 5 AM every morning and crying "mommy's bed" until you let her in our bed. We've tried crying that out and it just continues - we also have the baby sleeping in there so I hate for her to cry too long because then there's 2 of them up at 5 am.

Any suggestions??? I'm out of ideas!

Thanks!

Val1313

Asked by Val1313 at 9:12 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol for about 5 weeks, my then 3 year old would only sleep in his closet. we gave in after the 1st week. eventually, he climbed back into bed one day, and he's been there ever sense! kids just do weird things sometimes. as long as she's safe, let it go. as for her climbing into your bed at 5am, that's up to you. you can either get more sleep with her in your bed, or less sleep fighting her. personally, i always choose more sleep lol! GL mom! i hope she grows out of it soon :)

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:40 AM on May. 17, 2010