Should I make a dr's appt. for this? I have never seen this before.?

My daughter has developed this "bump" that only I noticed at first. It is on her forehead right smack dab in the middle of it. It starts from the top of her head to the end of the forehead going down the middle. She has never hit her head *she is 8 months old*. It has been their for a couple months now that I can remember. But I am getting concerned because complete strangers are asking me what she did to her head... Does this sound normal? She isn't in pain or anything.. ?? Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take her to have it checked out. there is no other way to tell if it's something serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I would make an appt, that sounds like the suture line of her head
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:34 AM on May. 17, 2010

• my niece has a birth mark that started out just like that. You should definately have it checked
    RedHedMom39

Answer by RedHedMom39 at 9:42 AM on May. 17, 2010

• You need to go to the dr asap. No it's not normal. There are many different things it could be. My niece had a buldged blood vessel when she was a baby that caused a lump on her head.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:46 AM on May. 17, 2010

• If it has been there for months I would DEFINITELY have it checked out
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:00 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I would have it checked out, if only for your piece of mind.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 10:33 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Is it a bump or has she spent too much time on her back and has a flattened back and now a bulging forehead? Either way...take her to the doc to be sure.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 AM on May. 17, 2010

• OP HERE

Thanks everyone. I will be bringing her into the doctor's. As for the flat head thing, no she doesn't have a flat head from spending too much time on her back she is always sitting up or on her tummy. When she gets upset the bump turns beat red also. Very strange. Thanks again all of you!

Anonymous