Elderly Abuse

If you know someone in your family is abusing your Mom(she has alzheimers) would you report her/him? I am talking about taking money and items.Thanks.Wasnt sure where to post this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• YES! REPORT THEM RIGHT AWAY! who ever it is knows full and well that their actions are wrong. no one has the right to take what isn't theirs. GL

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:32 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Absolutely, without a second thought. I would report if if it were any elderly person being taken advantage of or stolen from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 17, 2010

• yes report them! the person doing this should know better and needs to learn a lesson obviousley
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Yes I would report them. It's illegal.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Thank-you all.Its hard when it a family member but it is my Mom and that is the most important thing! She has borrowed thousands of dollars and we think she is still taking money.We want to protect our Mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 17, 2010

• YES! YES!! and YES!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 17, 2010

• YES! Report them. That is so criminal and so disgusting . I can't imagine being that greedy and immoral....what is wrong woth people?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 17, 2010

• No, but do become your mom's Durable POA. Go to your mom bank and talk to them about your mom's condition. CAP your mom's allowance and monitor things on the Internet. As to jewlery don't keep it in her home anymore or get a safe to put it in.

Am sorry you are in this situation you got a long journey ahead of you.  I so wish you luck. Do visit this site for support. Caregivers Forum

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Yes!
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:00 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree with becoming her POA( power of Attorney). This might be happening with what you might think is just one person so if you report them you may find out there is another party doing the same thing. This will help stop it all together and keep it that way. Its hard enough to deal with the daily tasks of helping your mom and kudos for you in doing this.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 2:41 PM on May. 17, 2010