What do you say?

I am 25 and i have a 4 year old i have always looked young everytime I go anywhere people always say to my child "is that your big sister" or "I know she isn't your child" or "YOUR her mom" what do i say when they ask/say stuff like that its so annoying

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• One day, when you look old, you'll miss those comments! I used to get them, and now I miss that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I just laugh and say "Trust me I'm not as young as I look!"
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:04 AM on May. 17, 2010

• You say "Why thank you! I love that people think I'm younger than I really am". Or you can say something like " Thanks! My DH thought I was wasting money on the face lift, but it was worth every penny!".
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:04 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Tell them to mind their own business. I used to get sort of opposite with my sister, who was born when I was 17. So, I was old enough to take her with me places, stores, parks and whatnot. There were so many people sticking their noses in, telling me I was too young to have a kid. I look young, at the time, I only looked about 14-15, so I guess that was part of it. But, it still got annoying. When Sis was two, I was 19, and some lady in the park told me that there was no way I was old enough to take care of a kid, and that I should have put her up for adoption. She told me "It's not too late". People also call my mom her grandmother, even when it's just the two of them, and she was only 37 when Sis was born. I know, I was technically old enough to have given birth, so she could HAVE been a grandmother, but it's no ones business. Like the first poster said, enjoy the comments. Just say "Thanks, I know I look young"
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:08 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Just say thank you and move on. It won't last forever.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 10:14 AM on May. 17, 2010

• It depends on the attitude they have when they say things like that. I know it's always annoying but if it's intended as a compliment then try to take it as such. If someone is being bitchy, saying something about how you should put them up for adoption or asking for the mother's phone number to tell her what a crap baby sitter you are (that happened to me because I was tapping my baby on the head with a sock, it amused him greatly) then take the gloves off.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:47 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Enjoy it while it lasts. I got carded every time I bought liquor until last year. Now they don't ask me anymore!! I wish they still did!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:33 AM on May. 17, 2010