how long does sperm leak out?

After you have sex, how long does sperm leak out? I know its a gross question, but I always have a lot of clear discharge that I can only assume is sperm, and it leaks out heavily the next morning, and then it gets light and last for up to 2 days. Is this normal? Will it prevent me from concieving in the future?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• It happens to me too. Most of it almost immediately. If I can I try to rinse off, at home I have a removable shower head, that helps. I don't know how it will affect concieving for you personally. I think those little guys swim really fast because it only takes a month off of BC for me to get pregnant. I have to be super careful.
    mardigras11

Answer by mardigras11 at 10:15 AM on May. 17, 2010

• If you're having discharge the next day, then that isn't from sex. Sperm leaks out immediately or within the next few minutes after having sex.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 AM on May. 17, 2010

• The contents of what goes into you is only made up of 1% sperm. The remainder is a combination of fructose and proteins that the sperm live off of until they fertilize an egg. once a man ejaculates, the mixture is gel-like for about 30 seconds, then it turns runny to allow the sperm to move more freely. After that, it tends to gel up some. even after the majority of fluid has left your body, there is still 200-500 MILLION sperm in that mixture.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:25 AM on May. 17, 2010

• "If you're having discharge the next day, then that isn't from sex. Sperm leaks out immediately or within the next few minutes after having sex."
    Congratulations! You're dead wrong!
    Semen thickens up once it's outside the male body in order to protect the sperm from the acidic environment in the vagina, then it liquefies 24 hours later in order to facilitate fertilization.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I go to sleep after I have sex though, so I am not standing for it to leak out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't have an answer, I've never had that problem. If I get up and go to the bathroom right after sex, then it pretty much all comes out then, I wipe up and it's gone.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:49 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I am like you. My body tends to hold onto it. It leaks most of the next day after having sex. I would think that it would make it easier to conceive because the sperm is inside you longer.
    elizabg

Answer by elizabg at 1:02 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I have the same issue, so I try to shower before it gets really leaky and clean myself out. It helps immensely!
    Anonymous

• I find I am ' leaking ' for about a day after sex, despite clean-ups. .I think you are normal and it has nothing to do with your fertility
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:17 PM on May. 17, 2010