California Dui

Please no judging. my husband got his second Dui a week ago. He passed all feild tests but failed the breathalizer. he blew a .18 his first dui was 7 years ago. Does n e one have any experience with this. What happens now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He stops drinking or he'll lose it forever.'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 17, 2010

• i was looking for something a little more specific. I knew that.
    I also know that the standard sentence is 96hrs to 90 days of jail time, a suspended licence for a year and a possible restricted licence for another year after that. Im curious what the probable jail time would be and how the DMV/ Court hearing goes. Is there no one else that has had a Dui experience they are willing to share
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 17, 2010

• well, i think with duis, they are on your record for 10 years now, not sure what will happen...probably some jail time. my ex's brother just got a dui, but i can't think if it was the 2nd or 3rd, but he spent about 4 months in jail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 17, 2010

• 4 months wow. he would loose his job and we would loose our home. what a disaster, i know , i know we get what we deserve. what state or county if you dont mind me asking
    Anonymous

• yes i think u are right dui is on record for ten now however it does not matter when u got it technically because it does stay on forever but sentencing may b reduced based on how long between dui's
    bearsbabies

Answer by bearsbabies at 12:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• you may not have to do time you may be able to talk to the judge and if he senses u are sorry he may give u a break. there might b a leagal advice group here u could ask
    Anonymous