Is it bad to have an inside movie/tv day?

Normally I have my 14 month old outside a lot during the day. We live on the beach and he loves to be outside playing but we had a very long weekend and I think not only me, but he is a little warn out. It is also very ugly outside (rain 70% chance) so would it be wrong of me to just flip on the TV for the day? I hate to just let him sit in front of it all day but I just need a break today and I don't think he minds!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Personally, we've had a few of those type days as well. As long as it's a "special treat" and doesn't occur too frequently, I'd say go for it. However, i"ll bet you get a lot of responses to the contrary. Relax and enjoy some down time as long as your child is ok with it too. You might try adding in some reading and other quiet, low stress activities along the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Everyone has those days once in a while. Go for it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:36 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. It is actually good, IMO, to have a day like that here and there. Kids need quiet, non-stimulating down time. They need a mental break to just watch nonsense...have a great relaxing day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:44 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I think it's okay. Tomorrow's another day, hopefully you can enjoy some outdoor time then.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:59 PM on May. 17, 2010