MP3 PLAYER for a 13 y/o....options to look for? Go cheap?

The only option that I know of on an MP3 is whether you can control the order of the songs. Is that right? On these $15-$25 ones, are you stuck with random order of songs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. I just know that all of the kids have ipods. Your child might feel bad/inferior if they have a $15 budget version. Maybe save up for the real deal. Make it a birthday gift or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My son's first MP3 player was an Ipod Shuffle and that's when he was 13. Now he has an Ipod Nano.. he loves it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:23 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Maybe it's just em, but I've got a 2GB MP3 player myself from Wal-Mart and it works perfectly for me. There is an option to control the order of the songs, but usually I just leave it on shuffle.

It cost me a little over $30
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:35 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I would go the cheap route. Those things get dropped/lost so easily!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 12:03 PM on May. 17, 2010

• dont go to cheap either you get what you pay for. i got one from wal mart for 20 and i could control the song shuffel but it olny lasted my 2 months then it died. for a 13 yr old going a lil more expensive would be ok. a child that age should be responsible enough to care for it.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:04 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I purchased a disney "Wish Upon a Star" MP3 player for my 7 year old niece's birthday back in March, and it holds 1000 songs for $40. We bought it at Toys R US, she only have 100 songs on it so far. It is amazing to me how something so little can hold so much music. She adores it, but she constantly have me downloading Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, and Taylor Swift music all the time. It has little stars all over it that constantly flash while the music is playing, it is too cute. I didn't like the earbuds that came with it, so we bought better ones for $15.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2010