fever 4 days post delivery..

last night i felt terrible. achy all in my back and legs, huge headache and a fever of 101.7. the day before i was up walking around the mall but felt fine. im healing alot quicker this time around. (2nd baby) i took time tylenol and feel better today. I might just have a low grade fever now. do you think i may have possibly doing too much too soon or there is a risk of infection? nothing seems abnormal down there. very minimal cramping.. any ideas?

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 11:16 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call your OB ... better safe than sorry!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:19 AM on May. 17, 2010

• call your ob...take it easy mama! you should rest a month after having a baby. it could add years to your life : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:20 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree call the OB just in case. What if it spikes in the middle of the night and you have to go to the ER? You're better off just calling.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:33 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My first thought was infection. Call your Dr. When I was running fever after delivery I had an infection.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I agree with calling your OB. Your body just went through some major trama and a fever indicates that your body is trying to kill off some virus or bacteria. I'd get it at least checked on because your body is more susceptible to catching things right now. Also, if its something serious, you don't want your baby catching it. I started to get a fever after my most recent delivery and found out I had a horrible bladder infection that came from them cathing me. I'm really glad I went in or it could have done some nasty damage to my system!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:17 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Get to the doctor PRONTO. You have an infection and it needs to be treated.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 12:30 PM on May. 17, 2010

• call the Ob, but it sounds just like the virus we're dealing with.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:07 PM on May. 17, 2010