my son screams shakes and tightens up when he has to go #2.

this has been going on for a while, I called his doctor like when it first would happen and all he said is to give him prune juice or warm apple juice. It hasnt been helping! He still is having trouble. has anyone had this happen to them? Should i call the doctor again and see maybe if it is something different rather than constipation? I feel so bad b/c he really struggles and turns red and tenses up. the stools have all been different too, like some hard, some soft, some mushy and all over his diaper, some were balls that looked like rabbit poo....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How is his diet? Is it always changing? It could be a result of that. I would make sure that he is getting yogurt everyday to help with his body's PH and give him oatmeal. That will help with both diaharrea and hard stools. Watch and chart what he eats and what his poop looks like for a couple weeks and maybe you will see a pattern. If not, I'd get another appointment.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:43 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Like PP said above me, try giving yogurt daily or even try probiotics. They can help his digestive track.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:44 AM on May. 17, 2010

• It sounds like he may have a bit of a blockage. Don't give him juice, it gives gas and causes cramps. Get some stool softener at the store (mirilax) and see if that helps. Ask your doctor first. Get help. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 17, 2010

• prune juice might not work but the actual prunes might, they helped us when prune juice didn't. Start putting the fiber that sprinkle on food on everything and see if that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I am guessing that by number two, you are referring to a bowel movement.

Eliminate meat and dairy, processed sugars (like high fructose corn syrup), and white/simple grains.

He should drink only water, and eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

Give him a good (refrigerated) probiotic.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:12 PM on May. 17, 2010