have you ever tried a petsmart pet training class

and did it help your dog??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 11:44 AM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mother had both her labs in the PetSmart training class. It helps a LOT! Both of her dogs are VERY well behaved. They sit, shake, lay down, play fetch and do not jump on people. Also, with the techniques my mom learned from PetSmart she was able to train the dogs not to beg.
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 11:47 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Oh, and they won't take anything (food/treats) from your hand unless you let them know it's okay to have them. The oldest lab though drools all over the place while waiting for the signal he can have his treat!
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 11:49 AM on May. 17, 2010

• i did about 2 years ago...and no it didnt help, at all!!!!! all the lady did was talk about her dogs, or her parents dogs...the class started off with 7 dogs...it was an 8 week course...and by the 6th class there was 2 dogs left...i didnt even bother takin mine to the last one..then a couple months later we were back at the store and another person told us about the classes, and i told them my experiance with them, aout how they were useless..and they did offer me free classes again with a different trainer, but i just could be bothered..im sure if you had a good trainer, they would work..but..didnt for me!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I did. We had just got our puppy. We took the beginning puppy training class. We learned tricks like, sit, lie down, come, give me your paw, leave it, etc. We had a wonderful experience. I took the class with my 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son. It was great because they learned how to do the tricks with the dog. It really was more of a family bonding experience than a learning experience for the dog. Yes, the dog learned the tricks, but we had a great time doing it. The whole thing was fun from walking the dog around the store to picking out the bed we bought him at graduation (they actually wear graduation caps!!).
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2010

• my mom tried that with her puppy - it ididnt help at all... i think the puppy was too young at the time and they pushed her to reinroll him immediately but she desided to wait a month or two until he really understand. i think anyone can train a dog. those ppl dont have a formal educaiton on it. they are just store trained how to teach them. anyone with the internet has More resources and should attempt it on their own before you pay for something you dont need to.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2010