My daughter's 3rd b-day was Friday. She watched me put on make-up and wanted some, so I out a little on her.

Just gloss, a little pale pink eye shadow and I took my powder brush and pretended to brush some on her face. We were outside and she was telling the neighbor she was wearing make-up. The neighbor then shot me a dirty look. It wasn't much at all, we weren't going anywhere for several hours, by which time it would all be gone, and it was her birthday. Was I wrong? It's the ONLY time she's ever had anything more than chap-stick, and she won't get it except special occasions when we're at home.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 12:03 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• aww, thats so cute! Don't you just love having a little girl?lol Aubrey is 15 months old and she always watches me put makeup on and she loves the lipstick..so I take out a chapstick or a lipgloss and put it on her and run my makeup brush over her cheeks, pretending to put some on her,lol. She just loves it and its so fun,lol.
    Its no big deal.just ignore your neighbor.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:16 PM on May. 17, 2010

• **so I PUT a little on her.**
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:03 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it. Some people are just strange.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:03 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I see no big deal over it. It's not like you put black eyeliner and mascara and fire engine red lipstick on her. Girls have been playing dress up for years so how is make up taboo? At least she enjoyed time spent with mommy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:04 PM on May. 17, 2010

• no big deal, i put blush and lip gloss on my 2 yr old when i do my make up. the only problem i have is she sneeks in and does her own make up. i have some foundation sticks she likes to use and makes a hella mess. the only time i see it as wrong is when the child ends up looking like a midget....we have one girl in my sons class who is 7 and her mom does her hair and make up everyday and she looks like a mini slut...she had foundation eye liner blush lipstick the whole nine yards...now thats wrong, but just blush and lip gloss no big deal. i got my 2 yr her own lip gloss and lt pink blush and nail polish, and thats all she is allowed to wear until she is a teenager
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:11 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My daughter has worn a little make up a lot of times. It's fun! What's the harm? As long as she doesn't have something obvious like bright blue eyes hadow or something. My daughter at 7, has about 30 lip glosses. Just wait, it becomes a common birthday present.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:16 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I pretend to put make up on my daughter all the time! It's great Mother/Daughter time so tell your neighbor to shove it. As long as she isn't going out looking like a hoochie mama, a little eye shadow and lip gloss isn't gonna hurt anyone. Some people just have to be bitchy about everything.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 12:18 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with what you have described. I gave my 2 1/2 year old some make up brushes, sponges, and empty cosmetics containers. She "puts on her make-up" while I put on mine. She likes it when I put a little water in the empty containers so she thinks she really has something to put on. Sometimes I also close the clear lids and pretend to put real make-up on her brushes. She loves it. She also has a 13 yo sister who will sometimes let her have a little glitter or lipgloss. As long as they aren't going out looking like tramps I really don't see the harm.
    Anonymous

• don't worry so much about what your neighbor thinks!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I don't see it as any big deal unless it's majorly obvious and done all the time. don't you remember being 6 or 7 and getting the lip smackers sets? it was awesome! lol The problem with little girls and make up comes when it is inappropriate, heavily applied and worn regularly. I say ignore the look and know that your girl felt like a princess that day :)
    Anonymous