How could I start about doing this for my community moms?

I want to start having a group type thing, where a bunch of moms can get together and have little things to do, like scrap booking, and other little activities. It would be something fun to do i think. My mom used to do it, but then she got sick, and stopped. But it was mostly friends of hers, and family members.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• So call some women and invite them over for next Tuesday night!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:07 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I dont know that many women though, lol. Im only 20 myself, and pretty much all my friends dont have kids.
    Anonymous

• Check out the M.O.M's Club. http://www.momsclub.org/ When my kids were younger, it was a great group for me. Their an international organization with groups in most communities. They have playgroups for you to join with your kids, but they also set up Mom's Night Out, some have scrapbooking groups, gourmet cooking groups, bowling teams, pre-school co-ops, really anything that the mom's want to organize. It's a great way to meet mom's with kids the same age as yours. Our branch even started a "Dad's Auxiliary". My kids are now 18, 20 & 27, and I'm still friends with some of the women I met in the M.O.M.'s Club!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:24 AM on May. 18, 2010

• You might be able to group up through a mops group, church or community center. If you already have some ideas in mind and have a space you could do it, then talk to some of moms you're thinking of doing it for to get ideas about they'd like. Maybe have them over for a mom's tea and talk it over. Then plan a date when you all can try it out and see how it goes.
    cwahmommie

Answer by cwahmommie at 1:31 AM on May. 20, 2010