The girl scout bronze award

My daughter and I are looking for community service project to do for it that takes 15 hours including the planing. Any ideas?
We already found the idea of collecting suit cases for foster kids, but I live in a small trailer house and were am I going to put suitecases after we collect them before we drop them off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• dog walking
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:17 PM on May. 17, 2010

• find a childrens home and offer to bring a snack and entertainment for the evening
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:18 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Do a food drive. Count ALL hours. Including hours making posters. Make a flyer and hand it out in your neighbor hood saying you will pick up food in one week. Then the following week, go pick up the food. :)Or do a For the soldiers type thing and collect things to make care packages for soldiers.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:28 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I always thought this would be a good idea. You know how sometimes at the grocery store you get FREE coupons. For turkeys or other products. You could collect them and get them to people who need them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:42 PM on May. 17, 2010

• How about lunch and entertainment for a nursing or retirement home? Suitcases for foster kids seems sort of sad.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:54 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It also has to be something that can continue yearly, even after your troop has decided to do other things. Some ideas my Junior troop are considering are:
    ~Working with Meals on Wheels to deliver food to old people.
    ~Collecting Valentines for Veterans (since there's already a Christmas and Thanksgiving thing going on).
    ~Community clean up at our elementary school. The Oklahoma wind blows everything, everywhere!

Other troops have had a Glasses drive to collect old prescription glasses to donate to the local family help organizations.

I'm not a fan of collecting anything too big, and lugging it around, so think service rather that collections, if you're pressed for space.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:00 PM on May. 17, 2010