Not wanting to Nap! 19months

HELP! My 19m old hasn't been napping well the past week. He used to nap for an hour and a half everyday, around noonish. Lately, it has been no nap, or a shorter one. He sleeps well at night. At what age do they start to ditch the nap?!

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 12:29 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd is 18 months and its very rare latley that she has a nap anymore, she fights when i lay her down till i do take her back out of her crib..lol i thinkk it all depends on the child..if he is sleeping good threw the night i wouldent worry about it
    Anonymous

• Depends.. this could be the start of No nap. my MIL said my husband stopped taking naps at 18 months.. our son stopped taking 2 naps at 13 months, he's 2-1/2 and just showing signs of not wanting naps at all -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:34 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It sounds like he's done napping. My oldest napped until 5, my other two were 2. They are all different.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:37 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I guess it could be the end of it, but every time we thought we were getting the "no more nap" signal from our 2 year-old, we just pushed through it (sometimes it was a full month of fighting it) and she got herself back on track. We seriously thought we could be done at right around 24 months, and now she is turning 3 and is napping better than ever. I'd push through if I were you...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:47 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I kept pushing until he was 5. LOL He was a terror if he got tired and sleepy. So...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:05 PM on May. 17, 2010