Why do a lot of you not mind posting your personal info on the internet?

I can't believe at how quick people were to post how much debt they are in! That's extremely private information.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well what are people going to do with that info??? I mean seriously its the internet, its not like they KNOW you.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:44 PM on May. 17, 2010

• And all this is easily accessible without posting it on CM if you know what you are doing on a computer. i would much rather tell someone that I am in $100,000 in debt and have them steal my identity, LOL. There's not much else they can do to my credit at that point anyway.
    Anonymous

• no it's not private, and the fact that people think like that is the reason so many people have a problem. Be open and honest about your life. especially your financial life so people won't expect things from you that you can't do. If you have debt that's your life and own it don't be embarrassed ashamed or feel like it's a private thing no one should know.
    Anonymous

• It's the INTERNET... anyone who has minimal operator skills can easily access your info any way. Do you honestly still believe in privacy?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:48 PM on May. 17, 2010

• how do you know anything i say is the truth.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I'm not saying anybody could or would steal your identity simply based on your debt, but have you ladies no pride or privy?
    Anonymous

• It's just honest discussion with other women who are in similar situations. if you are too embarrassed or ashamed by your life then that is your problem.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:10 PM on May. 17, 2010

• As far as my profile goes you have no idea who I am. However, I have been in groups where women list their highschool and say where their kids go to school. Then on their profile they have tons of pictures of their kids and family. They may even casually say where their husband works. It doesn't take that smart of a criminal to track them down.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 1:11 PM on May. 17, 2010

It doesn't have to do with being ashamed or embarrased. A lot of these ladies have much more to be embarrased about than most people I know. It just has to do with keeping personal information private. I have absolutely no concern for who does what, I am simply shocked at how many people just don't care as I originally stated. That's all.
    Anonymous

• i think people share things when its people they dont know. if you have your family member's on CM, then they post anon but i dont have family members and if i said something and they look into my answer and find something out about me that surprises them, it just means that i dont care that they know that info. about me.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:57 PM on May. 17, 2010