How long does it take for mommies tummy to go back to normal size after delivery?

I had my son prematurely so I didn't ever have the I-just-had-a-baby-belly, I am 31 weeks pregnant with my second and am wondering how long it takes it to go away? Thanks! Oh and I do plan to breastfeed for as long as I can. (I am going back to work in September)

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 12:44 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I guess everyone is different depending on the weight you gain. mine was gone in about a week and I was back in my pre-pregnancy jeans - although my tummy will never be the same lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I was still waiting a year later when I got pregnant again. It never really went back to normal it was still pouchie.
    Anonymous

• I was down significantly in a 3 days. By 2 weeks pp I was back in regular pants. I BF.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:56 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I'm still waiting, my son is 15. It should be soon, right?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:03 PM on May. 17, 2010

• It is different for everyone. I still have a over hang on my tummy that will never go away. My SIL within 3 months was always back to her regular size.
    Anonymous

• Breast feeding will help. But hey...I am 20 years old...and have always been small...even through my pregnancies...and after two kids....no matter what....I still have that baby fat lol. I weigh less now than I did before I ever got pregnant...I'm 5'2 and 100lbs. I haven't weighed that little since I was like 14. But regardless of how much weight I've lost....I still have that little roll of baby fat. You can't really get rid of it, because it's mostly your skin that has stretched. You wouldn't believe how far I can stretch my tummy now lol. But hey...I don't care. If anyone's got a problem with me walking around the beach in a bikini with stretchmarks, and a roll on my tummy, they can kiss my butt...because I have given birth to two children, and they are the greatest things in my life. I don't have anyone to impress....I don't care lol
    Anonymous

• I was back in normal jeans at 4 weeks (well, that's the first time I put them on). I did lots of core exercises to get rid of the "gush!"
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:14 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My shape has never gotten to what it was before, even though my weight did. For me it took weight watchers to get the weight off (even though I breastfed my second until 16 months -- my girls were only 15 months apart so I've only recently had my body totally back to myself after two pregnancies and nursing... Some women end up looking within a few months like their bodies never did that crazy thing! I'm not one of those lucky ones...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:20 PM on May. 17, 2010

• "I'm still waiting, my son is 15. It should be soon, right? "

Heh heh heh...best answer!

Nakoal, I had a "pooch" before I got pregnant. It became more pronounced and remains so. But heck. Marilyn Monroe had that too...and she NEVER had a baby!

Answer by gdiamante at 5:41 PM on May. 17, 2010