should i go to urgent care?

I havent had a period in almost 5 months and that is kinda unusual for me..when i am stressed sometimes i miss a few months but never this long. I looked up all my symptoms online and came up with pcos and i have ALL of those symptoms... I want to see a dr but i just got on new insurance and calling all gynecologists in my provider book and most are not accepting new patients or dont have appointments until the fall. Is it okay to go to urgent care for this? I mean i thought urgent care was for emergencies like broken body parts and such... i dont know if my condition is considered urgent..what should i do? and i tried the local health clinic and they dont have appnts for awhile either plus i am starting a new job next week so it has to be this week because of my long hours

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Health

• If you go to urgent care, maybe they can refer you to a doctor that does accept your insurance. I would just go to urgent care.
    Anonymous

• I would go and get it checked out. You are supposed to have yearly visits anyways...so I see no harm in it at all GL momma
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 12:54 PM on May. 17, 2010

• getting diagnosed with PCOS is not something that urgent care can handle in one visit, you really need a regular doctor because there will be medications involved
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Call your regular General Practioner (DR.) If you can't find an OBGYN. This happened to me years ago and it was due to stress. I got one prescription (I forget what it was ) and Sure enough I got my period and have been regular ever since.
    Anonymous