do you tell your kids to avoid certain kids at school or on the playground?

if so why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on May. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely! Some kids are annoying, mean, or bullies. I teach my kids to avoid kids like that and to make sure that they, themselves aren't like that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:54 PM on May. 17, 2010

• No but I do keep a very close watch on her at the park and usually play with her !! She is only almost 4 though so I need to be with her at all times, when she gets older I hope she will know who to avoid on her own !
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 12:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• I only tell them to avoid kids that have already shown that they don't know how to behave. I am not going to let my kid get harassed and beat up.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Hell yeah I do... I don't want my kids mixing with people below their status... That one bad apple line applies to a group of bad apples as well... I tell my kids all the time, if they are dirty or lazy, they aren't good enough for you - stay away from them... It will benefit them later in life!
    Anonymous

• anon. that's crazy. some kids are dirty and it's not their fault! doesn't mean the kid can't be nice or smart.

and other kids are lazy because they have a poor self image and need a good friend. You can't judge everyone the same way.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:59 PM on May. 17, 2010

• "Hell yeah I do... I don't want my kids mixing with people below their status... That one bad apple line applies to a group of bad apples as well... I tell my kids all the time, if they are dirty or lazy, they aren't good enough for you - stay away from them... It will benefit them later in life!"

LOL, you really hope things get heated from this comment don't you. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 1:06 PM on May. 17, 2010

• My kids are smart enough to figure these things out.... I dont need to tell them who is a brat and who isnt.
    Anonymous

• outstanding... My kids aren't growing up to be losers... and friends can make or break a person's role in life. Lazy people, people with poor self image... these people will take down everyone in their path... it rubs off... My kids aren't like that, they are better than that and they know it. So yes, I make a point of telling my kids to steer clear of trash - or they will end up that way too...
    Anonymous

• Yes because there are some kids who are dangerous. In her class she had one who was a biter and hitter. He bit her once while she was wearing a sweatshirt with a winter coat over it and left teeth marks in her arm. And then there are the kids who are just trashy. There are 3 cousins who call each other the "n" word and they are not black but she is. And I once heard them talking about holding down a little girl and kissing on her. I would never allow her to play around them. These are only 2nd and 3rd graders!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:09 PM on May. 17, 2010

• i do... tell him not to play with people who arent nice... because i want him to stay good and not be corrupted by rotten apples!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:32 PM on May. 17, 2010