Harder job?

I am a SAHM and my husband brings in the full amount of our living with his paycheck. I have heard many different viewpoints on who has the harder job. His is much more physical, whereas I am taking care of our children. Here's how I see it. During the day, sure, my job may be more emotionally difficult. His is more physically difficult and he doesn't get the emotional satisfaction out of it. I tend to be the one who spends time wondering when baby's going to have that next "hospital? no hospital?" moment. Hubby worries about making sure that the family won't ever end up on the street and always has food to eat. It's my belief that trying to decide who has the more difficult job is pointless, and dangerous as well. We each have different responsibilities and ways of thinking, so we just accept that we both have difficult jobs and that the best way to handle it is to help each other as much as possible. Thoughts? Sorry so long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on May. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think its fair to say one is harder then the other. I think both are equally challenging in their own ways and both are definately equally has important.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 12:58 PM on May. 17, 2010

• There have been times when my kids asked me "who do you love more?"
    I have always said.... I love you each differently... not more, not less

I think it is the same be it sahm, working mom, or working husband....
    Not harder, not easier..... just different - different stresses, different joys, different demands.
    Anonymous

• He couldn't do his job if you didn't do yours and vice versa. You depend on each other. What's the argument??????? You have different jobs that are equally as important to sustain the lifestyle you live. It's pointless to go back and forth like that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• well without his work you would be homeless.
    Anonymous